Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Mindfulness


I first saw the word Mindfulness in a magazine, it was immediately something I wanted to achieve. Even more so after a period filled with struggle, a struggle to get all my schoolwork done, be creatively active, keep posting on the blog and finding time to breathe. It's such a strong and powerful word, but I didn't really know what it meant. After some quick research I decided that Mindfulness is a balance in your life between work and enjoyment. To live with attention for every moment in your day, so you can fully experience those moments.
To help me in my own process to Mindfulness I have decided to read a couple of books. The first two, 'The steal like an artist journal' from Austin Kleon and 'Blogboek' from Kelly Deriemaeker, to help me focus on the things that I really want to do. I want to be more creative, make more things, but for that you need to be inspired first. I am now looking for that inspiration. Which at the same time should help me with my blog, because I really want to be more consistent in posting. 
The last two, 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert and 'The power of motivation' by Anton Philips & Annemiek van Kessel, are for further research to get a better idea about it.
I have also started to use an agenda, although I want it to be much more than that. It has to be a space where I can keep everything together. But I am still experimenting with different formats for the organisation of the notebook. I think I'm getting close, so more about that in the next update. 
Part 2 >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment